VIDEO TRAININGCamera & Editing Certification
Join the Access Production Crew
Access Bellingham Camera and Editing Certification Classes give you the basic skills to start making videos. Classes are designed to introduce the equipment, and introduce you to the Access Bellingham community.
Any Bellingham resident is welcome to submit programs to Access Bellingham. You do not have to attend classes.
Who are these classes for?
- If you have a hobby or skill you’d like to share
- if you are and actor, musician or performer and would like to see your work on video and tv
- if you enjoy attending local plays, music events, or performances – and you’d like to video them for television
- If you are a creative type and want to explore the video medium.
- If you have information or ideas worth spreading
- If you’d like to become part of a video production team and join others producing their programs
… then these classes are for you.
Any program you produce for Access Bellingham, you own. Once it airs on television you are welcome to put it on YouTube, Facebook, sell it or destroy it … it’s yours.
You must be a resident of the City of Bellingham to attend the classes. Though no experience is required, a basic familiarity with computers is highly recommended.
Access Bellingham airs Sunday evenings at 6pm on Bellingham Television (BTV). Find us on Comcast Channel 10 and 321, or on Century Link channels 40 and 1040. Or watch online through the City of Bellingham’s YouTube livestream: https://www.cob.org/services/education/btv.
1st Tuesday and Wednesday of each month
Camera and Editing Certification classes are for new producers interested in learning the basics of camera, audio, editing and producing for Access Bellingham. After completing the classes, producers can begin using the Access TV production gear.
After you have attended and successfully completed the Camera Certification Training, you are welcome to join our ongoing Tuesday production meetings. These classes are held every Tuesday and are a chance to work on programs, learn specific skills and connect with your Access Production community.
Video Training and Certification Classes
Camera and Editing Certification classes meet the 1st Tuesday and Wednesday of each month.
These Certification / Orientation classes for new participants are held four times a year (fall, winter, spring and summer).
Don’t plan on learning video and editing in 4 days. It takes time and commitment and it’s a good idea to produce several simple programs or get involved in other peoples projects in order to learn the skills.
Once you have completed the certification classes, we continue to meet as a group every Tuesday evening: honing skills, specialty classes and sharing ideas. This is where the real magic happens.
Classes are free for Bellingham residents. Producers also have the opportunity to use Access video equipment for their programs.
- Advanced Registration is required
- Classes are limited to 12 people
- Must be a Bellingham resident
- Must be 17 years of age (exceptions made regularly, contact director for info)
Sept. 3rd and 4th – 2019
Oct. 1st and 2nd – 2019
Registration for upcoming Camera Certification open now
The first Tuesday and Wednesday of the month 6 – 8:30pm Bellingham IT Fireplace Room 625 Halleck Street (in the same building as the Municipal Court House)
See Map Below
Participants are encouraged to join the Tuesday Production Meetings
For Training and Production Meetings 625 Halleck Street in the Bellingham IT Fireplace Room (in the same building as the Municipal Court House)
Access Production Crew
To become part of the Access Production Crew, a participant must:
- Complete the Camera and Editing Certification Course (or the equivalent)
- Be 18 years of age or older (17 with a parent or guardians signature)
- Have a valid Driver’s License, State ID, or other form of identification showing you are a current Bellingham resident.
- Complete a program for Access Bellingham.
As a member of the Access Production Crew, participants have additional access to production gear and the editing suite to complete their videos. *participants retain all ownership, rights and responsibilities of videos made through the program.
Current Class Schedule for 2019:
Camera Certification Class Meets first Tuesday and Wednesday of:
Editing Certification Class meets first Tuesday and Wednesday of
- January 1st through – Dec 15th